Home Forums Bandboozled Cafe Post-op Topics 6 days post op!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

<p style=”text-align: center;”>I am now 6 days post op, the wind has subsided however my stomach is still very bloated! How long did it take for this to subside with most people?</p>

Team BandBoozled
      Keymaster

Hi Rebecca

Its good to see the wind has subsided, a good step in the right direction and shows a good sign of progression in your healing journey.

The stomach can feel bloated due to the inflammation from your surgery too, which will take a bit longer to settle I’m afraid

6 days post op is still really early days, so make sure your taking things easy.  No heavy lifting and carrying

Hows the bowels..????   They can be a little stubborn after surgery and can most certainly add to the abdo bloat

You’ll be on the mend before you know and its all worth it for sure xx

ammi b xx
      Participant

awww Rebecca how inspiring to hear you are through the op and taking your babysteps to success 🙂 Really am so excited for you – I ve lived this myself and cannot begin to tell you how your life is gonna change for the better xxxx I was swollen after my op but it was mostly down to a sluggish bowel with me – it will all settle soon – dont fret, don t push yourself – take it easy and give yourself a round of applause!!! You took a life changing decision – well done you 🙂 xxxx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi I had my band fitted 1 day ago so still sore. I am wondering if you are allowed yogurt and milkshake thus early on. I am hungry and just wanting something to make that feeling pass.

Team BandBoozled
      Keymaster

Hi Sara

Congrats on your recent surgery

Yes yoghurt and milkshakes are allowed on the liquid only phase.  I would just say take small spoonfuls and if they feel tender passing through the band you might need to thin it down slightly with some milk till the swelling around the band site resolves.  Don’t forget your 20+ rule and allow 20 seconds between spoonfuls

Hope this helps and everyday you should feel that bit better

Keep strong and let us know how you get on xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
BandBoozled LTD is registered in England and Wales under number 10769332 with its registered office: 10 Eden avenue, ST HELENS, MERSEYSIDE, WA11 8HT.

For any issues regarding your log in/membership please contact team@bandboozled.co.uk. If you have any questions regarding your band journey please submit your questions on the forum in 'The Cafe' thanks
To contact Bandboozled -

members of