Home Forums Bandboozled Cafe About the site 5 days Post Op

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • Author
      Ben Massey
      Participant

Hi

im 5 days post op now. Feel extremely bloated, visibly no difference despite not eating anything for 5 days.

when I swallow liquids it feels like I am swallowing to much fluid, like something lodged in my throat and then the pain transfers across my shoulder.

would that be wind? The swallowing of liquid always seems to cause discomfort, sometimes mild sometimes bad?

Thoughts please?

Team BandBoozled
      Keymaster

Hi Ben

Does sound like wind, the typical shoulder pain and bloating. Have you tried any wind preps? Peppermint tea, gripe water, chewable deflatine will help. Keeping up and mobile, do some wind mills with your arms to release any wind in the showers. Hot water bottle on your shoulders.. lying in your L side can release the pressure on the nerves so may offer some relief. The intake of fluids should get easier as the wind releases and the post op swelling settles around your band site.

Suck some ice cubes. Make sure fluids are thin, use a teaspoon and 20 seconds between whilst the swelling is still very much apparent.

If things don’t settle speak with your provider… it does get easier just keep your sips slow and continuous to hit a good level of hydration and nutrition xx

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
BandBoozled LTD is registered in England and Wales under number 10769332 with its registered office: 10 Eden avenue, ST HELENS, MERSEYSIDE, WA11 8HT.

For any issues regarding your log in/membership please contact team@bandboozled.co.uk. If you have any questions regarding your band journey please submit your questions on the forum in 'The Cafe' thanks
To contact Bandboozled -

members of