Home Forums Bandboozled Cafe Post-op Topics 2 days post op, advice please

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi everyone, had my band fitted on Tuesday. Feeling pretty good to be honest, but sore and tired and the wind is a killer but other than that can’t complain at all.
      Im struggling to fancy anything to eat though, obviously I know it’s liquids only, and I’ve got soup and smoothies etc.
      Can anyone suggest anything else that could be more interesting? I think it’s salt I’m craving more than anything.
      thanks.x

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hi Charlotte, I’m 9 days liquids and I was the same but the meal shakes filled me up to be fair, but I had tomato n Bazil cup of soup which seam to do the trick, also yogurt smooth with no bits help also hope this helps

bev xx

Team BandBoozled
      Keymaster

Hi Charlotte

The swelling plays havoc with the tastebuds and it is so crazy how you lose your appetite following surgery.  During this time it is about trying to get through the day the best you can trying to hit a good level of hydration and nutrition (even though you may not feel like taking much in at all)

I made this soup the other day – Broccoli, cheese and potatoes

It was delish and pretty balanced soup as far as soups go

• Broccoli  (have used both, fresh or frozen – both work the same). steamed or boiled till soft
      • 2 potatoes –  cubed and boiled and mashed. (you could buy ready made mash I’m sure would do the same)
      • 2 chicken oxo
      • milk to thin down (Could add a soup or 2 or marvel to this to boost the protein)
      • Salt and pepper to taste
      • All mixed together and then add cheese (I have used different cheeses along the way – grated mature cheddar, fresh parmesan) what ever works for you – sprinkle in slow and stir

Use additional milk or water to thin down if required

Its so wholesome and defo does have more a savoury flavour if you are fed up of all the sweet and flavoured milkshakes

Remember to use a teaspoon and sip slowly – I have batched this up in the freezer and it has always been fine too xx

Team BandBoozled
      Keymaster

Don’t forget to have a look through the liquid recipes, there might be something on there that tickles the tastebuds xx

https://bandboozled.co.uk/section/the-kitchen/liquid-recipes/page/3/

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks guys,

my husband made me some butternut squash and chilli soup while I was asleep so I’ve just had half a cup of that which was lovely.

I guess it’s just such an adjustment, every time I have anything coz I’m full so quick I panic that something is stuck. Did anyone else get this?

Team BandBoozled
      Keymaster

It can take awhile to get used to how the band feels – as long as you take small sips and rest between each sip you should be fine. 😃

Kim.
      Participant

Hi Charlotte, I still every time I eat am shocked at how little I need to fill up and its been 18 months.  Suppose I am still that greedy person in my head who really wants to eat more than I physically can now LOL Thank god!   Just listen to your body and stop when you get the signal, pushing it will only make you feel discomfort and this than last ages 🙁 xxxxxxxxx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Thanks Kim,

Im exactly the same, psychologically I want loads of food but I know I won’t be able to have it.
      Im trying to really listen to my tummy when I eat.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
BandBoozled LTD is registered in England and Wales under number 10769332 with its registered office: 10 Eden avenue, ST HELENS, MERSEYSIDE, WA11 8HT.

For any issues regarding your log in/membership please contact team@bandboozled.co.uk. If you have any questions regarding your band journey please submit your questions on the forum in 'The Cafe' thanks
To contact Bandboozled -

members of