Home Forums Bandboozled Cafe Post-op Topics 14 days pass op on satuarday

Tagged: 

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

hey on Saturday will be day 14 what should I be eating on day 14 #STRAVING

Team BandBoozled
      Keymaster

Hi Emma   Are you a Hospital Group patient? If so you will still be on liquids only I’m afraid till day 15 – then it’s a soft sloppy diet. So Sunday breakfast could be porridge , weetabix   or scrambled eggs for example   Have a little read in The s Kitchen at the liquid info and recipes till Sunday then the soft for 2 weeks after that.

Always follow your own providers guidelines

welvome yo the site – keep us posted of your progress xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hey there one health in with

yes still on the liquid they did say till Saturday ! Is it Saturday or Sunday 😰

ive never felt so starving

in the day time I can only drink water juice and hot drinks but come around 6 I feel like my body wakes up and I need food and then I’m starving then I’ve been having a blend soup but it’s just not doing nothing for me at all I can not wait to get to the soft stage so I can feel full.

Anonymous
      Inactive

I forget to mention

last Thursday at slimming world I had lost 7lb

Team BandBoozled
      Keymaster

Hi Emma

No wonder your feeling starving if your only drinking water and juice throughout the day and taking in nothing really that nutritious – if possible you should try and increase your intake throughout the day, sipping slowly and regular – what worries me is that you say you can only drink water and juice till later on, this could be a sign you still have swelling++ to the stomach area so you wouldn’t want to be moving up to soft diet till fluids were free flowing in the morning/day too

We have some liquid meal ideas in the kitchen – have a look at these and see if you can increase your intake with the fluids that are recommended.

Great news on your weight loss – that is really impressive…!!!  Don’t forget though that the focus should be on the healing during the early stages too. So plenty of protein rich fluids, this will help with the hunger too x

Team BandBoozled
      Keymaster

Heres one of the links for you to have a look at xx

And don’t forget its important to keep in touch and log in regular to get all the help and support your need 😊

https://bandboozled.co.uk/mix-match-meal-plans-liquid-phase/

Team BandBoozled
      Keymaster

Sat will b fine provided you are tolerating all the nutritious liquids ok – always go by your providers guidelines xx

Anonymous
      Inactive

Hiya

im keeping liquids down in having coffee two litres of water and other liquids

Saturday I had two eggs and was fine did not get the sense of fullness at all I could of ate two more is this normal

then yesterday I decide mash carrots and gravy I only had a small amount again no sense of fullness and could of carried on eating but I thought no as I am really scared about hearing people getting food stuck so I decide not to eat anymore even when I didn’t feel full and didn’t even feel like i had anything to eat.

Anyway ten mins last I felt like I had something trapped in my throat and I could breath is this normal I had two drink a can of Diet Coke to make me burp and then I felt ok what is this and why is it happening

also so why am I not getting any sense of fullness and how much should I be eating please.

Team BandBoozled
      Keymaster

Hi Emma

Good to hear you have progressed onto soft diet now – ok the lack of the feeling of fullness is completely normal at this stage.   The band has been put in but likely will not be giving you a great deal of control till after you start your fills.   Even without the feeling of fullness you still need to be making sure you are doing your 20+ rule – maybe the feeling in your throat was some trapped wind, especially after you burped things felt ok again.   Sometimes trapped wind can be a little indicator that you have eaten a little fast.  So again just have a little recap of the mechanics of eating.  If things continue I would speak with your provider.

Portion wise, I would be using a 6″ plate and working with the portions recommended  – half plate soft veggies, 1/4 carbs and 1/4 some soft protein.

Heres a link for some soft meal ideas xx

https://bandboozled.co.uk/mix-match-meals-soft-stage/

Anonymous
      Inactive

Amazing thank you well I wasn’t full so may be I ate to quick even I feel my food was stone cold by the time I had ate a 10 spoons why I ended up one not carrying on and two because I was getting no sense of full and didn’t want to over do it scared now to be honest

i doing 20 chews well trying but with mash it’s very smooth so wasn’t getting to 10 – 12 chews then I was waiting 20 seconds before the next mouthful not to sure I think I’m just really panicking as I’m scared to get anything stuck.

Team BandBoozled
      Keymaster

Honestly sounds like your doing great – well done you, and hopefully the anxiety around getting food stuck will settle in time too as you start finding your feet with different textures.  Just carry on as your doing, you’ve got this 😉

Its about building up the confidence at the different levels so you can happily progress onto textures.

Keep us updated on things xx

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
BandBoozled LTD is registered in England and Wales under number 10769332 with its registered office: 10 Eden avenue, ST HELENS, MERSEYSIDE, WA11 8HT.

For any issues regarding your log in/membership please contact team@bandboozled.co.uk. If you have any questions regarding your band journey please submit your questions on the forum in 'The Cafe' thanks
To contact Bandboozled -

members of