Home Forums Bandboozled Cafe Post-op Topics 1 week post op!!

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • Author
      Anonymous
      Inactive

I had my band fitted a little over a week ago. I have been put on a liquid diet but this is not satisfying my hunger. Within 3 days I was eating chicken, even managed some steak. I spoke to my dietitian about this and she told me to just keep with the liquids till my first band fill. I’ve lost 2lb since having it fitted and feel that all this has been for nothing. Can anyone tell me if they have experienced this themselves. 😭😭

Team BandBoozled
      Keymaster

Hi Michelle

Great news on your surgery – please let me reassure you, your band is put in at surgery but more than likely you will not be feeling the effects from this until several fills in.   You should really be on fluids for the first 2 weeks, this is really important to allow your stomach to settle and heal around the band site, I would suggest strongly that you follow your guidance that your surgeon/provider has given you.   As frustrating as this is, it is so important and would hate anything to happen to your band as a consequence.   You will be back on textures before your know.  If your feeling hungry make sure your hitting a good level of protein and nutrients from your fluid diet.

It is so early days to be monitoring weight loss, but stay positive the early days are for healing, the weight loss will come once the band is actively working and controlling your portions and hunger – along with a healthy diet and lifestyle

Keep posting for support, there are lots of people in the same boat on the site and sorry to be a kill joy…!!!😔 xx

Team BandBoozled
      Keymaster

Hi Michelle. Check out The Kitchen for  lots more ideas of what to have on the liquid phase xx

ammi b xx
      Participant

hiya xxx i wrote a long post on this a few days ago to reassure some one else in your position xxx Once my post op tummy had calmed down, i could and did eat normal sized portions and foods so i gained weight before my first fill. If you are eating just like before your op, why would you lose weight? I can put a gold band on my third finger left hand … don’t mean I m married, does it?  So having the band placed is only stage one. Please please, no matter how bad the urge do not eat solids so quickly. Do ten gallons of soft lumpy soup if you must but you are being cruel to your new tummy and band with hard foods at this stage. I was on a tomato soup the night after my op (back at my hotel) as i too was starving, but really, swerve the tougher stuff for now?  I was a couple of fills down the line before i got decent restriction …. its just sooo hard to be patient when you ve been all built up to your op and dying to see the pounds drop off xx Honestly, they will and you ll look back and laugh at these early eager days ….. just take it easy for now …. your a little duckling not quite ready to hatch yet xxxxx

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
BandBoozled LTD is registered in England and Wales under number 10769332 with its registered office: 10 Eden avenue, ST HELENS, MERSEYSIDE, WA11 8HT.

For any issues regarding your log in/membership please contact team@bandboozled.co.uk. If you have any questions regarding your band journey please submit your questions on the forum in 'The Cafe' thanks
To contact Bandboozled -

members of