Turkey and Onion Soup
A little hint of festivities... in a bowl
Serves: 1 (200ml portion)
- Spray oil or 1/2 tsp oil
- 1/4 small onion, peeled and finely sliced
- 2 small-medium mushrooms, halved and sliced
- 50g cooked turkey pieces, torn into thin strips
- 175ml skimmed milk
- 1/4 tsp dried thyme
- Salt and black pepper to taste
- Heat the oil in a small saucepan.
- Add the onion and mushrooms and cook until both are very soft. Stir regularly to ensure they do not burn or go overly brown. Add a touch of water to the pan if needed.
- Blend the turkey, in a separate container, with a tbsp or two of milk until it forms a smooth paste.
- Add to the saucepan with the remaining milk and thyme.
- Bring to the boil, then reduce the heat and simmer for about 5 minutes or until piping hot.
- Blend again until everything is completely smooth, (it should be thin enough to pass easily through a straw, although it is not recommended you use one. If this is not the case, add a little extra milk).