Skagen in Lettuce Boats
This is a traditional Swedish recipe, eaten at ‘Midsommar’ in June( the celebration of the longest day of the year).
You will need:
- 200g cooked prawns or crayfish tails (or 100g of each and mix them)
- Pack of dill, roughly chopped
- 3tbsp light mayonnaise
- 3tbsp crème fraiche/ yoghurt/ kefir
- Juice of ½ lemon
- Salt and pepper
- 8-10 Little gem lettuce leaves
- Handful of plum or cherry tomatoes
- Make the sauce by mixing mayonnaise, crème fraiche, lemon juice and season with salt and pepper to taste. Stir in the dill.
- Add in the cooked prawns/ seafood of choice.
- Place a small amount in each lettuce leaf and top with half a cherry tomato for a splash of colour.
TOP TIP: you can also add in some chopped smoked salmon for some healthy omega 3 fats