I had the Band 2 months ago and haven’t lost any weight, have I wasted my money?
- No the Band can take a while to work – sometimes as long as 6 months. The Band needs to be optimally adjusted before it works properly and it can take a few adjustments for this to happen
Every time I eat it hurts where the band is what is wrong?
- First check you are following the correct eating technique – following the 20+ rule can make a real difference with this. Pain or discomfort on eating can also be a sign the Band is too tight so book in with your provider for an assessment
Can I still do sit ups or stomach exercises?
- Yes however the port is stitched to the muscle on your abdomen so sometimes that may feel tender – if you feel burning or pain there then stop for awhile and try again a bit further down the line
I have lost so much weight my port is visible now, what can I do?
- This can happen and can be fixed – it does involve another surgery though to have your port re - positioned
I am at my target weight but am still losing weight, what can I do?
- You can build in small snacks between meals to help – maybe start with a mid – morning and afternoon snack and if you are still losing build in a supper time snack too. Try to snack on healthy foods and not get into the habit of having junk foods. If you can’t manage enough extra food to stabilise your weight then you could have an aspiration (fluid removed from your Band)
I am going on an all inclusive holiday and want to be able to eat well?
- You should still be able to eat normal foods with a Band in place just smaller portions of them. However we understand that you might want to have the luxury of eating a bit more while you are away. If this is the case you could always go to your provider and have a little fluid out your Band. Just understand you may gain some weight and you may want to come into clinic after your holiday to have the fluid replace