A lighter version of a takeaway favourite…
- 1 tbsp 0% fat plain greek yogurt
- 1 small garlic clove, peeled and crushed or finely chopped
- 1/2 tsp tomato puree
- 1/2 tsp dried sumac
- 1 boneless, skinless small chicken breast or thigh, cut into chunks
- 45g red pepper or courgette, cut into chunks
- 50g potato wedges (with skin) OR 10g brown rice OR 7g couscous OR 7g Quinoa
- Mix the garlic, yogurt, tomato purée and sumac in a bowl.
- Mix in the chicken, cover and chill in the fridge for at least 1hr.
- Once finished marinating, pre-heat the oven to 170°C (fan) and line a baking tray with tin foil.
- Thread the chicken and vegetables onto skewers and bake in the oven, turning occasionally, until the chicken is cooked through.
- Whilst the chicken is cooking, cook the carbohydrate of your choice to fit the carbohydrate portion of your portion plate.
If you are vegetarian, you could swap the chicken for plain quorn pieces.
Chicken is a caution food and can be problematic for some. You should not rush to reintroduce these into your diet. Ensure that you have tried a variety of textured foods and more tender meat products previously and are confident with your eating technique. If it causes any discomfort, remove and re-trial again in a few weeks.